The association will be organizing three ranking tournaments valid for the World Championships 2020 qualifications. The tournaments will include four categories, Mens, Under 18’s, Under 23’s and Over 50’s. The winners and runners up of the Mens categories and the winners of the Over 50’s category win a place in their respective national team representing our country in the coming World Championships being held in Blackpool, England, between the 1st and 10th July 2020.
All players participating in these tournaments will be awarded points depending on the results achieved. The following is table of points each player will be awarded:
- Players winning the tournament will be awarded 300 points
- Players reaching the final will be awarded 225 points
- Players reaching the semi finals will be awarded 170 points
- Players reaching the quarter finals stages will be awarded 130 points
- Players reaching the last 16 stage will be awarded 100 points
- Players reaching the last 32 stage will be awarded 75 points
- Players reaching the last 64 stage will be awarded 55 points
- Players reaching the last 128 stage will be awarded 40 points
The winners of the Mens category win Euro 500 each while each Over 50’s winner pockets Euro 250 each. The top Under 23’s player gets Euro 250 while the runner up takes home Euro 150.
Players awarding a walkover during the whole tournament will loose all points won in the same tournament. Players can only participate in one category and have to choose their category at the beginning of the tournaments.
The dates of the tournaments are scheduled as follows:
- World Rank 1 – 06/12/19 to 30/12/19
- World Rank 2 – 12/02/20 to 14/02/20
- World Rank 3 – 02/03/20 to 13/02/20
Registrations will be accepted as follows:
- World Rank 1 – 18/11/19 to 25/11/19
- World Rank 2 – 20/01/20 to 31/01/20
- World Rank 3 – 03/02/20 to 12/02/20
All games are being played at St. George’s Band Club, Qormi. Finals will be live streamed on the association’s facebook page and youtube channel.
Players can register their participation online – Click here